Thank you for using Parle.
When we say “Company”, “we”, “our”, or “us” in this document, we are referring to Parle.
When we say “Services”, we mean any product created and maintained as part of Parle, whether delivered
within a web browser, desktop application, mobile application, or another format.
When we say “You” or “your”, we are referring to the people or organizations that own an account with one or
more of our Services.
We may update these Terms of Service in the future. Whenever a significant change to the policies is made, we
will also announce them on our company blog or notify you via email.
When you use our Services, now or in the future, you are agreeing to the latest Terms of Service. That's true
for any of our existing and future products and all features that we add to our Services over time. There may
be times where we do not exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service; in doing so, we
are not waiving that right or provision. These terms do contain a limitation of our liability.
If you violate any of the terms, we may terminate your account. That's a broad statement and it means you
need to place a lot of trust in us. We do our best to deserve that trust by being open about who we are, how
we work, and keeping an open door to your feedback.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. The Company cannot and will
not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation. We recommend
users set up two-factor authentication for added security. In some of our Services, we may require it.
- You may not use the Services for any purpose outlined in our Use Restrictions policy.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account. That includes
content posted by others who either: (a) have access to your login credentials; or (b) have their own logins
under your account.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
Payment, Refunds, and Plan Changes
- If you are using a free version of one of our Services, it is really free: we do not ask you for your
credit card and — just like for customers who pay for our Services — we do not sell your data.
- For paid Services that offer a free trial, we explain the length of trial when you sign up. After the
trial period, you need to pay in advance to keep using the Service. If you do not pay, we will freeze your
account and it will be inaccessible until you make payment. If your account has been frozen for a while, we
will queue it up for auto-cancellation. See our Cancellation policy for more details.
- If you are upgrading or downgrading plans, we will automatically prorate and calculate the amount owed
from that point in time and adjust the bill in the next subscription cycle.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities. Where required, we
will collect those taxes on behalf of the taxing authority and remit those taxes to taxing authorities. See
our Taxes policy for more details. Otherwise, you are responsible for payment of all taxes, levies, or
- We process refunds according to our Fair Refund policy.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. Within our Service, we provide a simple
no-questions-asked cancellation link. You can find instructions for how to cancel your account in our
Cancellation policy. You can also always send us and email, which will
be confirmed and as such considered cancellation. If you need help cancelling your account, you can always
- All of your content will be inaccessible from the Services immediately upon cancellation. Within 30 days,
all content will be permanently deleted from active systems and logs. Within 60 days, all content will be
permanently deleted from our backups. We cannot recover this information once it has been permanently
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect
immediately, and you will not be charged again. We do not automatically prorate unused time in the last
billing cycle. See our Fair Refund policy for more details.
- We have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of our
Services for any reason at any time. Suspension means you and any other users on your account will not be
able to access the account or any content in the account. Termination will furthermore result in the
deletion of your account or your access to your account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all
content in your account. We also reserve the right to refuse the use of the Services to anyone for any
reason at any time.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of Company employee
or officer will result in immediate account termination.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- We make a promise to our customers to support our Service for as long as possible. That means when it
comes to security, privacy, and customer support, we will continue to maintain any legacy Services.
Sometimes it becomes technically impossible to continue a feature or we redesign a part of our Services
because we think it could be better or we decide to close new signups of a product. We reserve the right at
any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any part of our Services with or without
- Sometimes we change the pricing structure for our products. When we do that, we tend to exempt existing
customers from those changes. However, we may choose to change the prices for existing customers. If we do
so, we will give at least 30 days notice and will notify you via the email address on record. We may also
post a notice about changes on our websites or the affected Services themselves.
Uptime, Security, and Privacy
- Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. We provide these Services on an “as is” and “as available”
basis. We do not offer service-level agreements for our Services but do take uptime of our applications
- We reserve the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage significantly exceeds the average
usage of other customers of the Services. Of course, we'll reach out to the account owner before taking any
action except in rare cases where the level of use may negatively impact the performance of the Service for
- We take many measures to protect and secure your data through backups, redundancies, and encryption. We
enforce encryption for data transmission from the public Internet. There are some edge cases where we may
send your data through our network unencrypted. Please refer to our Security Overview for full details and
our Security Response page for how to report a security incident or threat.
- When you use our Services, you entrust us with your data. We take that trust to heart. You agree that True
access your data for the following reasons:
- To help you with support requests you make. We'll ask for express consent before accessing your account.
- On the rare occasions when an error occurs that stops an automated process partway through. We get
automated alerts when such errors occur. When we can fix the issue and restart automated processing without
looking at any personal data, we do. In rare cases, we have to look at a minimum amount of personal data to
fix the issue. In these rare cases, we aim to fix the root cause as much as possible to avoid the errors
- To safeguard Parle. We'll look at logs and metadata as part of our work to ensure the security of your
data and the Services as a whole. If necessary, we may also access accounts as part of an abuse report
- We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking,
storage, and related technology required to run the Services.
- We process any data you share with us only for the purpose you signed up for and as described in these
information for any other commercial purposes unless we have your explicit permission. And on the flip-side,
you agree to comply with your requirements and not use Parle’s Services in a way that violates the
Copyright and Content Ownership
- All content posted on the Services must comply with German copyright law. We provide details on how to
file a copyright infringement claim.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Services. All materials
uploaded remain yours.
- We do not pre-screen content, but reserve the right (but not the obligation) in our sole discretion to
refuse or remove any content that is available via the Service.
- The names, look, and feel of the Services are copyright© to the Company. All rights reserved. You may not
express written permission from the Company. You must request permission to use the Company's logo or any
Service logos for promotional purposes. We reserve the right to rescind this permission if you violate these
Terms of Service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services, use of
the Services, or access to the Services without the express written permission by the Company.
- You must not modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Services or the
Features and Bugs
- We design our Services with care, based on our own experience and the experiences of customers who share
their time and feedback. However, there is no such thing as a service that pleases everybody. We make no
guarantees that our Services will meet your specific requirements or expectations.
- We also test all of our features extensively before shipping them. As with any software, our Services
inevitably have some bugs. We track the bugs reported to us and work through priority ones, especially any
related to security or privacy. Not all reported bugs will get fixed and we don't guarantee completely
You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable, in law or in equity, to you or to
any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, lost profits, special, consequential, punitive or
exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other
intangible losses (even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from:
(i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and
services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received
or transactions entered into through or from the Services; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of
your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other
matter relating to this Terms of Service or the Services, whether as a breach of contract, tort (including
negligence whether active or passive), or any other theory of liability.
In other words: choosing to use our Services does mean you are making a bet on us. If the bet does not
work out, that's on you, not us. We do our best to be as safe a bet as possible through careful management of
the business; investments in security, infrastructure, and talent; and in general giving a damn. If you choose
to use our Services, thank you for betting on us.
If you have a question about any of the Terms of Service, please get in